Thursday, January 20, 2011

Life is a miracle .... Jiva .....


Today I saw a miracle! ..... I am so moved, I can scarcely type this down ...... Sarah, you provided a beautiful moment for your mother .... totally took me by surprise when I weeded through my email (I have been on the train and no email for a week .... and I see you sent it a number of days ago .... wish I had brought my iphone with me!! ..... how many times have I said that??!!) ..... aah, the little one's first picture .... so tiny, so perfect, so precious ...... and here you are, just barely three months into pregnancy ..... the many flutters will soon turn into kicks and flips ..... and just as my mother, your mummi, once told me, savor the moments ..... the miracle of life is happening inside you and it is unlike any other .... there is no adequate descriptive ..... it is surely love in action. I wish I had the technical knowledge to post the picture from my email to this blog, but alas, I do not ..... maybe I can find a twenty year old tourist somewhere and grab one to help me :) And ...... A day later ..... Oh my, Sarah, you managed to post the picture for me!! Thank you my darling and beyond wonderful to hear your voice the other day! .... love you so xo .... to anyone else reading, aren't these the most incredible times we live in, that this is even possible .... for all my grumblings about modern life, where I never cease to feel like a fish out of water .... perhaps it is not all bad :) ....... wow, I am speechless! My baby is having a baby!!! Jiva .... ever beautiful, always a miracle .....
"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth" ..... Billy, Age 4

9 comments:

  1. It is absolutely amazing to see the little person already perfectly formed inside me! I will figure out how to post for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah for doing that ..... you are precious my dear darling daughter!! You are still almost the only one who knows how to post comments ..... everyone else still emails them to me! .... trials for my generation of women!! love you, mom xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Seija! I AM SOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU AND SARAH! Yes, I'm sorry too that my comments have not been posted here! Yes,yes everything you said to Sarah is SO true about motherhood! Thanks Sarah for showing us the picture!!!
    How are you, Seija?? Where are you now?I'm so grateful that we met and enjoyed Egypt together. Robert has put together the most fantastic DVD for us of the trip! Dec was so difficult for me that January has seemed like a "piece of cake". David left on Jan. 5th and have seen him once on webcam since then. I am feeling healthier about our separation then apparently David is. I'm holding in my mind that I'm creating the best possible outcome for me. Sending lots of hugs and love, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Anita, my little soul sister ..... sorry to hear about you and David but if you feel it is what is necessary than so be it ..... life happens .... you are a very intelligent woman and I know your instincts are right on .... totally looking forward to seeing Robert's DVD .... forgot what he did for a living in New Jersey ... something to do with musicals?? It was a magical time Anita and one I feel privileged to have shared with our totally cool group!! Miss everyone very much, love always, Seija Perhaps I will stop in and see you in Ohio in the near future....alas, have forgotten which city/town you live in ......

    ReplyDelete
  5. For Grandma to be, what a beautiful and precious first portrait.
    We are so happy and excited for Sarah, Rob and you!!!
    Sydney and Justin both got a kick seeing the little one and thinking they were in that spot only 11 and 9 yrs ago.... Enjoy every special moment as they become fond memories oh so quick.
    with lots of love,
    Bob,Sandra,Sydney and Justin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is this the blog of my old friend Seija? We last saw each other about 25 years ago at your mom and dads at Christmas. If memory serves you were pregnant with your first child. And now you are waiting for a grand-child. My how time flies..

    I'd love to re-connect with you.

    Best wishes to you and yours,
    Eric Sakara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eric ... for God's sake ... time flies ... where are you now? Finlanders always seem to find each other somehow ... we are a crazy clan :) email me ... catch up on the Vancouver Finnish bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't figured out how to find your email here. Mine is - ESAK nolla seitsemän seitsemän kolme neljä 'at' gmail.com.

    Absolutely fabulous trip (I followed you to Ankor Wat - catch more later). I am so jealous of you having the time and opportunity to do such a great trip. Your little dropped comments hint at quit the exciting life.

    We are in Vancouver, again, so next time you come through we should set up a meet.

    When I get your email I'll tell you more.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Eric .... seijawebb@gmail.com .... cool to reconnect .... and it was almost 29 years ago that I was pregnant with Sarah, my first child .... Tim was born five years later ... refresh my memory ... which child was I pregnant with? Did you have a brother, Risto? email your news.. cheerio, seija

    ReplyDelete