Tuesday, March 8, 2011

More wonderful baby news .....

Wading through a winter storm in Crete at present .... enjoying just "being" these past few weeks .... hardly a picture taken, or note scribbled ..... very freeing in many respects, not to document my days .....

Heard my beautiful daughter Sarah's voice a few days ago with latest baby news ..... and although I did not initially want to know, (old-fashioned that way) we are expecting a granddaughter in July!! Seems everyone else knew, (I had said at one point, I wanted a surprise on baby's birth day!) ... but, seemed silly to hold a rigid stance on the issue, given both Tim and Brian knew :) ..... so reluctantly succumbed to peer pressure :) Sarah & Rob are not breaking family tradition .... not with Webbs, Overmanns, some Cullens, and of course, all my sisters! .... we always have our girls first!! .... or in my parent's case, six girls first! .... well, I guess they did stop after six of us!

Sigh ...... Feeling a bit lonely on this stormy wintry Cretan afternoon, as I near my tenth month away ......... not always a cherry blossom and champagne kind of day on the road ........ rainy day blues, saturating my normal sunny disposition :) ...... Much as I love a good winter seaside storm, I would much rather be looking for baby furniture with Sarah & Rob today than watching fierce relentless waves crashing and crushing Hania's historical Venetian harbour ...... Crete pictures and notes to follow.... perhaps tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. We're looking forward to when you're home to go baby shopping! 2 months until you're back, 4 months until our little girl is born!

    ReplyDelete