Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Szia from Budapest ...

As has become my habit when switching cultures, I indulge in some down time .... sleep in, do a walkabout after breakfast, read, eat, enjoy a massage and not much else. Have not been around much television lately, so have been catching up with news and a few movies as well ......... liked Social Network ..... was ready to strangle the Mark Zuckerberg character when he betrayed his buddy ..... but the news, goodness .... the 24/7 coverage is bringing out the ridiculous in newscasts ..... CNN is the worst of the lot ..... goodness .... analysts, analysing analysts, analysing analysts ........ such idiocy!! Romantic an image as traveling to many different countries presents, the reality at times, can be anything but ....... an immersion into the vastly differing cultures can at times, be internally overwhelming, hence the required emotional downtime ..... Rarotonga, Mongolia, India and Vietnam keep springing to mind as places I could easily hang my hat for longer than a few weeks, but to be totally honest, every country presents it's own brand of beauty .... much like trying to pick out your favorite family member, or favorite friend ..... impossible to do! .... all form a part of our global community and like a fine stew, come together as something to be savored, precisely for the differences each brings to the table! ..... the culture, the people, the chaos, the serenity, the scenery, the crazyiness .... all of it!! ..... I plan on returning and perhaps, should they show an interest, taking my son Tim or niece Jennifer, or anyone interested, along with me for some volunteering next spring .... Sarah and Rob, be forewarned, I may not morph totally into the kind of grandma who knits and babysits ....... I am more likely to whisk my granddaughter away with me to a volunteer posting when she is old enough .... 6 is old enough, is it not??? :) ..... So, back to Budapest, home to some of the finest Gothic, Baroque and Art Nouveau architecture in Europe! It is a feast for the eyes ..... so, emotions intact, feet rested and well massaged (... enjoyed a most rejuvenating foot massage on day one!) ..... Hungary is known for it's many spas, healing waters and therapists ..... off to explore today so look for picture postings in a few days if not sooner ..... I meet up with my volunteer group on Saturday and am so totally looking forward to working with children again, as well as participating in a mini community! Viszontlatasra everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I think your plans sound great to me, it will be great for our little one to see the world at a young age!

    ReplyDelete