Sunday, May 30, 2010

Snow, snow and suddenly....sunshine!



























































Two glorious blue sky sunshine days in Queenstown ..... :) !!! I was getting a tad waterlogged along with all this flooding in Otago area.....rendering most roads impassable.....so, as soon as that sun came out, I booked a flight/cruise to the fiord of Milford Sound .... quite the adventure..... flying right at seemingly, peak level over the mountains in a little ten seater prop plane, and lucky me, right beside the pilot....whew, must remember not to do that again....but actually, there was not a hint of wind and for the most part, it almost felt as though we were gliding, if you discounted the noise of the plane.....took me three days to book the courage to do it, but am glad I finally did....just an awesome experience that I hope my pictures do justice.....cruising on the Sound was almost anticlimatic to the flight......off to Auckland tomorrow and onward to Rarotonga and my first volunteer posting......tourist time up for now :) ..... and yeah.....warmth....I can through the woolies away and wring out my runners.....

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are beautiful Auntie Seija! You are seeing some phenomenal sights. I'm so jealous! I gave Steve a link to your blog as well because he was reading it on my computer a couple days ago. He wanted to see everything you were up to and all your pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete