Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hanging out in Hamburg ....

Kellie's living room view













Picture Kellie's brother Michael painted for her .... it reminds everyone of Kellie!


















































Kellie on her patio/deck














Soon to be 36 and glowing!














Kellie, overlooking the canal in Hamburg















Katia and Kellie








































































Goodbye cobblestones ... back to boring pavement














Weird Hungarian art at National Gallery in Budapest














Beautiful Budapest!












Awesome time in Hamburg with my niece Kellie, my sister Maija's daughter, who has lived in Germany for almost a dozen years ... Kellie has, over the years, become quite fluent in German .... she has not taken a single formal class (well, I suppose having a number of German boyfriends may have been a contributing factor in the fluency aspect :) .... If anything, Kellie has now developed a rather interesting English accent! Cool ...




After a year of semi-documenting my life, some brief entries, some rambling, I seem to have ground to a halt. Rarely is my brain nor my camera battery charged these days ...... when a museum, art gallery or church fails to entice, it is obvious I am ready to truck home and recharge. Got the camera geared to take pictures of Kellie though ..... ! Several months ago, when I was booking my flight to Hamburg, I had also thought it possible to hop a train to Heerlen in the Netherlands to visit with my cousin Marjatta and her husband Hank, with a further short trip to Regensburg to visit Maija & Otto's German relatives Simone, Hunni and their families, all of whom I had looked forward to visiting on this trip, but at some point in the last week, I realized how exhausted I am from my travels ..... I just simply could not face another commute in any format! ..... It was all I could handle just thinking about getting to London to catch my connecting flight to Calgary ...... once in London, I intend on sleeping in and luxuriating in a comfy hotel! ... so, extraordinary year aside, I am quite happy with no further travel connections to contemplate!!! ..... well, knowing myself, that will be good enough for a few months in any event :) Posting my last few pictures ..... last few pics of Budapest, Kellie here and there in Hamburg, a "girl's" evening out with Katia and Tanh, a special birthday dinner celebrating both our May birthdays, enjoying a quiet afternoon at Kellie's apartment ......

No comments:

Post a Comment