Thursday, May 5, 2011

Last Year in the Fifties .....
































































































































































Feeling a tad lonely for family here in Budapest on this, my 59th birthday .... last year in the fifties! But what a lovely surprise waited in my room after breakfast .... Sarah and Tim had arranged a beautiful bouquet of spring flowers to be delivered, along with a bottle of champagne ..... blew those lonely blues right out the window! I have the kindest most awesome kids on the planet!! I feel very very blessed to have them in my life .... after all these years of being their mom, I still marvel ..... they are indeed blessings of the highest order.
The day was spent doing what I love .... walking and exploring ..... museums and art galleries ..... coffee stops at outdoor cafes, soaking in these last bits of European ambiance before heading for home ..... topped the evening off with a production of Giselle at the famous Budapest Opera House, which is as splendid a venue as I have been in .... the pictures probably do not do justice. Thank you to everyone for your kind birthday wishes on facebook ..... another bit of home to savor on my day :) Wish someone other than Sarah knew how to leave messages on my blog though! ...... Beautiful Birthday in Budapest!

2 comments:

  1. The flowers turned out beautiful :) Glad you liked them! Sounds like a lovely birthday spent in Budapest, and the spring photos look awesome, I wish we had spring here!

    See you in 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated best wishes. I haven't visited your blog for a few weeks. Glad you had a lovely spring. I know Calgary weather.

    I still envy your chance to do this trip of a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete