Saturday, December 18, 2010

Cairo, Camels & Meditation in Great Pyramid Tomb

View outside the window at breakfast ..... Oberoi Mena House






Colleen, Rushawn, Atalya, Anita and I exiting together after our group meditation at the top .......



Atalya climbing into the Great Pyramid ..... I had to put my camera away at this point .... no pictures allowed inside.






4 pm. as we all head into the Great Pyramid for our private time, last meditation and ritual inside the tomb.







Private time at the Sphinx at Giza .... I believe this was a sacrificial altar I am standing beside ....

















Hugging the big cat's toes"
My beautiful group, gathered together at the feet of the Sphinx







Windy, dusty day at the pyramids









Camel ride through the streets of Cairo to pyramids








We arrived back in Cairo for surprise birthday celebrations .......... Anita's 50th and Naz's 29th .... a great dinner at Mena House, followed by two cakes and cookies supplied by Mohammed and his mother Ratiba ..... need I say we rolled out of the restaurant! Poignancy was in the air ...... our time together, quickly drawing to a close .... we had grown quite close as a group and were in many ways, a family, given that we probably covered all the decades of age groups from 10 right through to, well whatever age Robert admits to, and I:) On our last full day together, a sand storm moved in ..... not normal for this time of year apparently ..... perhaps all our meditation sessions had stirred things up :) Camels had been hired and we all hopped on board ....... errrrr ....... not exactly what we did ....... more like lurching and scrambling on .... to amble our way to the Great Sphinx of Giza for our private time in the enclosure ........ despite the sand and dust in the air, we galoomphed along, exploring the area .... (a few sore butts from all the hump jostling earlier) ....... later in the afternoon, a private time had again been arranged for us in the king's tomb of the Great Pyramid ..... a two hour meditation and ritual followed a long climb through the tunnel leading to the tomb at the top. Christian lit a candle and quiet settled over us all like a big warm fuzzy blanket ....... so began our last meditation together ..... a most empowering two hours. Words fail ......... suffice to say, it was very very special for all of us. I bid a Massalamah and Al-hamdu I-illah ..... to a magical time, in a magical land, with an even more magical group. I feel their warmth around me, even as I am now again alone on my travels. In Shaa'a l-laah I will see them again in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Seija! This is the second time I have tried to post a comment. Maybe I can make the technology work for me this time!
    Thank you for posting this pictures! I have nothing like them and David was thrilled to see pictures of us at the Great Pyramid.
    Thank you for sending me that link! Your always in my heart.
    Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i find you in facebook
    this my link
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/trave2.egypt/
    thanks

    ReplyDelete