Friday, April 22, 2011

Happily zoned out in Thermal Spa country .....

Enjoying the Great Plains region of Hungary, home to hundreds of thermal hot springs .... joining the locals and partaking of the waters at various villages with the springs being their only claim to fame ..... truly a tonic for the body, and as it turns out, for the mind and heart as well. Hungarians swear by the curative effects .... a good soak can apparently heal all sorts of ailments .... arthritis ..... skin, joint, nerve and gynecological disorders ..... the list I read at one spa, was a page long! ..... many use the waters as a preventative measure ..... I have been adverse to using hot tubs and public ones in particular and normally avoid them like the plague ... have been known to say, 'I don't care to soak in other people's bath water' :) ..... but I may have to revise that stance somewhat here in the wilds of Hungary. It is very quiet in many of the smaller villages and towns, as I venture out in the early morning ..... the water is fresh, the pools clean. Some of the springs are in small wooded areas .... my favorites ..... the long leisurely soaks are peaceful and relaxing ...... a quiet stillness permeates my usual chitter chattery mind ..........

No comments:

Post a Comment